No announcement yet.

Looking for emulsion tubes/needle jets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for emulsion tubes/needle jets.

I just pulling mine out to clean them and 2 of them broke right in half. They were green (literally, the color green) and very brittle. I need all 4 I guess

It's for a 79 Special BTW.
    1979 Special with 1980 motor and 1979 carbs

I found a set of NOS ones about two years ago, and I haven't seen any available sense. You might find someone that has some, but you'll probably end up having to buy a different set of carbs to get them...
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Wow that really bums me out. I was already aggravated that I'd have to order them and wait a week to get them. Now I'll be lucky to even find them.

I found these on eBay:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XS110...item43a80059ca

And $29 for the set. They look just like mine I think, with the raised lip, but they say for 80-81.

Comment

I have a set, from a spare carb set. Can you read the numbers on yours? I'll check mine and if they're the same, I'll send 'em to you.
        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
          I have a set, from a spare carb set. Can you read the numbers on yours? I'll check mine and if they're the same, I'll send 'em to you.

I could only read 2 of them (for now) and it looked like 301. I got them mixed up (which is bad I Know) so I'm not sure if those were a 1/4 or 2/3 pairs.

Comment

As far as I know, the emulsion tubes are the same across the 4 carbs, only the mains were different. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

So, If Im right, do you need mains or tubes?

And don't feel bad, I can't read mine either. Gotta find the magnifier. lol

Comment

As far as I know, the emulsion tubes are the same across the 4 carbs, only the mains were different. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

So, If Im right, do you need mains or tubes?

And don't feel bad, I can't read mine either. Gotta find the magnifier. lol

I wasn't sure. I already replaced my main jets with 140's (got a full 4-1 exhaust) so I just need the tubes.

and lol I'm only 29 and I had to take my glasses down and hold them up to my face and still could barely read them.

Comment

OK, here's what I've got:

BTW, I also have a new set of 130 mains....

Two number 30 EX2. These have a series of two sets holes near the bottom, each set opposite of each other. And two sets of three holes.

The other pair I can't read the numbers. But, they have three sets of four holes.

Anyone know what I've got?

Like I said this carb set was a parts set, so I don't know what bike they came from, only that they came from a '78-'79 by the layout of the carb bodies.

Comment

OK, here's what I've got:

BTW, I also have a new set of 130 mains....

Two number 30 EX2. These have a series of two sets holes near the bottom, each set opposite of each other. And two sets of three holes.

The other pair I can't read the numbers. But, they have three sets of four holes.

Anyone know what I've got?

Like I said this carb set was a parts set, so I don't know what bike they came from, only that they came from a '78-'79 by the layout of the carb bodies.

I'm really surprised at my luck but mine are exactly the same. I thought they were all just like the 2 on your right but I just checked and I have 2 and 2 like yours. My 2 broken ones are the ones with 4 holes in a row.

How much? I'll gladly take them.

Comment

Just to clarify for future readers, at least on both of my 79 specials the tubes are different for carbs 1&4 than the ones in carbs 2&3.
                    1979 xs1100 Special -
                    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                    My Bike:
                    [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyL View Post
                      I'm really surprised at my luck but mine are exactly the same. I thought they were all just like the 2 on your right but I just checked and I have 2 and 2 like yours. My 2 broken ones are the ones with 4 holes in a row.

How much? I'll gladly take them.

PM me your mailing address

Comment

And don't feel bad, I can't read mine either. Gotta find my monocle. lol
                        tough gettin old huh?
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

I'd rather be old than ugly. How's that POS midnight running? You snap a pickup wire and you're welcome in Whitestone anytime...

Comment

79 xs Eleven Needle jets/emulsion tubes

Hey guys,

Just a note to say I have a couple of full sets of these tubes. x-2 266,300,301, PM me for details, They are getting hard to find..
                            Spyder
                            Ride like you're invisible,
                            Spyder

Comment

Just went throught this myself

For the 79 special there will be two different styles of tubes. #2&#3 will have the number 266 x2 stamped in it and #1&4 will have 301x2 stamped in them. The needles will all be the same and should have 5GLZ18 on them with 5 slots. (use the middle one for the c clip location)
                              mack
                              79 XS 1100 SF Special
                              HERMES
                              original owner
                              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                              SPICA
                              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                              IOTA
                              https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                              https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                              Frankford, Ont, Canada
                              613-398-6186

Comment

Working...
                              X