Extended control cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended control cables?

Does anyone know wher to find extended control cables for a 79 XS1100? I just got 12" handlebars and I'm not sure if the original cables will work as I'm in training and not home yet. Just need to find where I can get some in case I need em! Thx
    DirtyNasty

79 XS1100SF (POW MIA theme)

I pray for clouds, because I know there won't be any HD or fair day riders out!

make them yourself

There are kits online for very resonable price to make your own. That way you get it right and have the ability to make extra's as well.

Do a google search. Sorry I cannot recall the sites I saw them on.

Cheers!
    1979 XS 1100F
    Daily Rider
    DIY'r
    Minneapolis,mn

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyNasty View Post
      Does anyone know wher to find extended control cables for a 79 XS1100? I just got 12" handlebars and I'm not sure if the original cables will work as I'm in training and not home yet. Just need to find where I can get some in case I need em! Thx
      the only thing you'll need is a brake line from MC to distribution block, might need to take the gastank off to check for optimal routing of the throttle cable (i went with 16" apes and only needed th change the 1 blake line)
      79 xs eleven special
      pods
      jetted
      cammed
      pitted chrome
      straight pipes
      16" apes
      +6 front
      -2.6 rigid rear (still regret this)
      blinkers are for slow ppl
      http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...1/100_3355.jpg http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...1st2011021.jpg
      "here for a good time NOT a long time"

Comment

Thanks much Debauchery! I am gonna jump on it today and I only have 12" ones for now. I'll let you all know how it goes!
        DirtyNasty

79 XS1100SF (POW MIA theme)

I pray for clouds, because I know there won't be any HD or fair day riders out!

Comment

Working...
        X