Speedometer etc needed 79 1100SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer etc needed 79 1100SF

I need a speedometer for a 79 1100SF. Also need the speedo cable.
    Am also looking for the backrest/rack setup.
    Thanks,
    Ben

79SF gauges

I need the speedometer for a '79 SF. Does anybody know if the speedo is interchangeable from any other models? I'd be willing to buy the whole gauge set.

Comment

Originally posted by Retroben View Post
      I need the speedometer for a '79 SF. Does anybody know if the speedo is interchangeable from any other models? I'd be willing to buy the whole gauge set.
      All the specials share the same mouting setup for the speedo. 79 had the 165mph and then the 80 and up had a 85mph speedo but it still fits the same. The xs650 speedo will also drop in but I think has a 125mph speedo and then the xs750-850 fits as well but has a 145mph speedo I think.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

cable

i have speedo cable pm if interested.
        79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

speedo

NOT THE SWIM SUIT!

I'm pretty sure I've got an extra 79 special speedo in the garage. Yes, it's the 165mph one & has a good chrome case. (if I can find it!)

I believe it's worth about $75.00 + shipping. shipping usps priority is around $4-5. Let me know.
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
            All the specials share the same mouting setup for the speedo. 79 had the 165mph and then the 80 and up had a 85mph speedo but it still fits the same. The xs650 speedo will also drop in but I think has a 125mph speedo and then the xs750-850 fits as well but has a 145mph speedo I think.
            The 750s go up to 140. That's what I have on my SG, never had it past 130 so that's all you need anyway.

Pretty cheap on fleabay.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

i've got a 79s 160mph unit for sale as well , 70$ plus shipping no dents or ding on the speedo or its case and the chrome is excellent
              79 xs eleven special
              pods
              jetted
              cammed
              pitted chrome
              straight pipes
              16" apes
              +6 front
              -2.6 rigid rear (still regret this)
              blinkers are for slow ppl
              http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...1/100_3355.jpg http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...1st2011021.jpg
              "here for a good time NOT a long time"

Comment

Working...
              X