Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windjammer mounting bracket

Hi,

I know its been asked many times. but I thought I would post anyway. Just picked up a Windjammer SS to mount on my 80 standard, and I am looking for a mounting bracket. Please let me know if you have one available.

Thanks,
    John (XSive_Speed)

'80 XS1100G Standard
    - 4 - 1 exhaust (probably Mac)
    - UNI air filter

I have 2 up in the parts pile. But I don’t know if they are for the standard or the Special modle.If you can get someone to post pictures of the one you need I will compare mine.
    When I get time I will try to take pictures myself of the ones I have and post them. I just don’t know what to look for as far as what model they came from.

Also for any one that’s looking local for a windjammer 5.i have one in good shape. 40.00 I will ship but it would be allot money.
    Ron
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

Comment

Doesn't matter special it standard. Frame is the same right there and the 2 bolt holes are in the same place.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Ron,

Here is a photo of the mount that I borrowed from another thread:

Let me know if this is the mount you have in your parts pile, or something similar. My understanding is that the Pacifico fairing have a 2 piece mount, while the windjammers have a 1 piece mount.

Thanks

Originally posted by radical123 View Post
        I have 2 up in the parts pile. But I don’t know if they are for the standard or the Special modle.If you can get someone to post pictures of the one you need I will compare mine.
        When I get time I will try to take pictures myself of the ones I have and post them. I just don’t know what to look for as far as what model they came from.

Also for any one that’s looking local for a windjammer 5.i have one in good shape. 40.00 I will ship but it would be allot money.
        Ron
        John (XSive_Speed)

'80 XS1100G Standard
        - 4 - 1 exhaust (probably Mac)
        - UNI air filter

Comment

Windjammer mounting bracket

Yes
          Thats the one i have. Pm me. All i can say is i have one like that. Fit will be up to you.
          1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
          1980 midnight xs850 bagger
          1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
          1979 special Special runner
          2011 street glide

Comment

All windjammers use the same mount on all XS1100's all models. The frame is the same in that area as Nate said in that area, and all of the windjammers mounting area is the same, as it the Yamaha fairing made by vetter. Ideally, on a standard you want to have 4 this rubber bushings between the fairing and the mount for a standard as otherwise the gauges stick up too high if you want to add the vetter sound kit to the fairing, but you can also move the gauge mounting to the underside of the upper triple tree rather than the top which lowers them enough to clear as well. This is not an issue if your not putting the radio pod on the fairing, but it may have more glare from the gauge lights if you don't lower the gauges though. I know I've heard some complain of that, but it's not been an issue for me, but mine have been lowered like that and I don't really notice them in the windshield.

But the mount that is pictured above is the correct mount. Two bolts at the top, and two radiator clamps on either side at the bottom secure it.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
            X