Side and Center Stand Stoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side and Center Stand Stoppers

I'm looking for a couple of the rubber stoppers that mount on the exhaust for the side and center stands. The cheapest I've seen any is $21 with shipping, but that seems kind of excessive to me for a couple of pieces of rubber. If anyone has a pair that they are willing to part with, let me know how much you want for 'em. Thanks.
    XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
    -- Jack Burton

I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but I used rubber cabinet bumpers from Home Depot. Small #10 machine screw/nut through it with some large washers, and it's worked great for 2 years.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I got both rubber bumpers last year from the dealer. Ordered by part number specificly for 81 XS. Thought at $7 apiece THAT wasa bit steep.......but originals lasted till last year, so can't complain.....
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        I used rubber cabinet bumpers from Home Depot. Small #10 machine screw/nut through it with some large washers
        Good idea, I may try that. In fact, I'm off today, so if it warms up just a little bit more, I might ride up and see what I can find (I live kinda out in the boonies, so all those kinds of places are a good 20-25 miles away).
        XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
        -- Jack Burton

Comment

Working...
        X