Fork Braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Braces

Looking to pick up a couple fork braces for Standards without breaking the bank. All types considered.
    Current Stable:
    1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
    1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
    1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
    1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
    WTB:
    1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
    1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

There is that's brace but depending on your bank it might break it.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

The only braces I know of still being made are the T-kat fork braces, I've got one as do many others and they are very nice. Just google T-kat fork brace and you should find it. Other then that your options are on e-bay.

BTW T-Kat is a very nice guy, I met him at a rally, and he actually gave me a brace because I didn't have the cash to buy one at the time and told me to send him a check when I got home - how many folks do you know that would do that?
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Yep, the TKAT brace is the way to go. Less than $100 each, shipped. It comes as bare machined aluminum, so you can paint it if you like.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I just recently got mine from Tkat and he and the brace were first class. He even sent me two because I have a XJ1100 and he wasn't sure which would fit better (hadn't done one for a XJ1100 in a while). Here is a pic of mine after I got it polished, looks pretty damn good. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X