No announcement yet.

Special Front brake piston (or caliper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Front brake piston (or caliper)

I am in need of one front caliper piston for a Special. The one I have is badly pitted and leaking. Anyone have an extra piston laying around? If not, I may be willing to purchase the whole caliper (left would be preferable, but not mandatory).
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Bug,

If what your looking for (in the entire caliper) is for a S model or Special, the left and right do make a difference. They are not interchangable.

If you get to this point, I have a set of Special front calipers, but I do not want to break them up or part out.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Yeah, I just need the piston out of one caliper, so if I can get either caliper, I can just remove the piston from it. I'd rather just get the piston if posible though.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Well, I found an ebay seller selling SS pistions for the Specials! The seller's name is "HVC Cycle", and here's a link to their sale, while it lasts. At this point, my leak has stopped, but I may save my pennies and go with the SS ones.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Will these not fit on the 78-79 models?
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

If it fits the FRONT brakes of the 79-81 Specials, it will NOT fit the Standard calipers. They have different bores. However, the REAR brake on all are the same, except maybe the XJ, not sure on those. Which I believe the front of the Standards is the same as the rear.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

The same seller has another auction for the Standard ones.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

I bought a couple of them from the same seller and they are very nice. Just thought I'd let you know, he's a reputable seller, at least from my one experience with him. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X