Exhaust Flange Allen Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Flange Allen Bolts

I need 8 of the Allen bolts that connect the exhaust pipe flanges to the cylinder head. Mine are all rusted at the head and may need to be tapped out. Is this a standard bolt or is it special for our bikes?
    1981 XS1100SH

ITs actually a stud, threaded on both ends with a spot in the center with no threads. The allen head part is a deep nut.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Nuts

The allen head are nuts. If you want to change them to something else I went to Fastenal and got stainless hex nuts. Got all 8 of them for $1.33.
      Now they will not rust.
      Thanks Tom
      82 XJ DAILY RIDE
      78 XS1100E FIXING UP
      79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
      79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
      80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
      82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Just soak them in penetrating oil and turn them out. The nut will come off, or the entire stud witll turn out.

Either way, you can reuse them!
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

If you need replacement nuts (or just want to see what they look like), there is a set on ebay. Item #250591837967.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            If you need replacement nuts (or just want to see what they look like), there is a set on ebay. Item #250591837967.
            How can you not mention the crazy price that guy was asking for these? It would be almost $35 for the set with shipping. Bike Bandit would be a better deal for new ones.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
              How can you not mention the crazy price that guy was asking for these? It would be almost $35 for the set with shipping. Bike Bandit would be a better deal for new ones.

Geezer
              Good point. I wasn't looking at the price. At least he has an OBO option!
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X