Stainless Steel Brake lines for '82 XJ1100J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Brake lines for '82 XJ1100J

Everything I've seen so far are for the XS1100, but can't find anything specifically for the XJ1100.

Anyone have a source for the XJ? My brake lines are wrecked - my dog ate my brake lines. Well, my friend's dog.
    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
    Website/Blog

I take it you are using the stock setup, with the linked brakes? If so, you might try Chacal at the xjbikes.com site. He sells all sorts of stuff, and SS brake lines, specifically made for the XJ is one of them. I priced it a while back, and it came to $228.75 for the non-rigid sections only.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Holey Crappola,

Check out your local shops. I had a complete set made for about $100.
      You will have to give them samples but you will know they are right when you get them.
      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Here's what I know so far with places I have checked..

Chacal sells SS for the XJ1100 - too confusing for me to figure out the pricing because I don't have the bike at my place, so I assume around the $230 mentioned above.

I contacted cyclebrakes.com - the complete replacement set of SS lines is [strike]$285[/strike] (see included e-mail for part numbers). These are Galfer lines and from what I have read from other posts, they are worth the extra cost.
        Wait, just re-read the e-mail. The $285 is including a SS clutch cable, so more like $235 for front and rear.

I'm contacting some e-bay sellers to see if they have the specs and can make lines for this bike and whether they will make them.

I'm running out of time for research, so I will probably go ahead and get some used rubber lines to replace what I need to be able to get things put together and revisit switching to SS at a later time.

Hi Ben,
        The part numbers are available from Galfer. Front is a 5-line kit, #FK003D602 $180, Add rear and clutch at $50 each with our combo sale. Total will qualify you for $5 Ground in Lower 48 states. Total $285.

GALFER stainless steel braided brake lines are plastic coated for protection of your bike & of the lines. $5 custom fee per kit will apply to change lengths or fitting angles. All upgrades & custom orders are considered no return/ no refund.

FREE Color-coat option is available in: Clear, Dark Smoke, Black, Red, Orange, Gold, Green, or Blue. (Upgrade to Platinum Series with clear coat, which appears as chromed braiding - $20 3-line kit, $15 2-line kit/ $10 1-line kit.)

Lines come FREE with washers, Silver polished fittings, & bolts. (Upgrade to polished Gold at $10 per kit. Upgrade to Super-Light Aluminum Fittings in: Blue, Black or Red and Bolts in: Black or Red at $20 per kit, no combo discounts.)

Please order through our shopping cart (we will apply discount after sale) or by phone. Our office hours tomorrow are 8-4 (pacific).

Thanks for your inquiry, Melissa

sales@cyclebrakes.com

Sales Dept., Cycle Brakes

US Toll-free: 1-800-805-2118

Office: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm (Pacific):
        (805) 671-5010, Fax: (805) 671-5028
        Info: www.cyclebrakes.com, Cart: www.cyclebrakes.net
        Website/Blog

Comment

It turns out the guy I'm working on the bike with can do better than the $235 for the Galfer lines from cycle brakes. We're going to get Russell braided lines and make them up as we go.

So, some rebuild kits and brake lines and I'm in business.

I'm cleaning the rust out of the tank by electrolysis - that's been going strong for almost a week now. No end in sight yet. I'm going to drain and refill the tank today and see what kind of progress I've made.
          Website/Blog

Comment

I'll warn you that if you do that electrolysis procedure for to long, you can remove enough material to have a leaky tank. BTDT, then you get to put a liner in!! Wooohoo!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Working...
            X