fuel tank for a special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel tank for a special

Hi all, I'm still trying to find a good tank for my special. I've been on ebay and see one every now and then, but just can't seem to win out on those blame auctions. I'm even open to changing to a standard tank if thats what it comes to. I do not trust the one I have. So if anyone has a line on a good tank for either the special or the standard, please PM me. Thanks, Rick
    Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

PM tinman905 he said he thinks he has a couple laying around.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have a special tank.It needs paint, but looks solid.Has a couple dings.
      I'll post some pics.If interested PM me.

80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I opted to change over to a standard tank and bought one from Andreas.
        Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

Working...
        X