Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Needs Help

Hi Guys
    I just discovered this site yesterday. All this time I thought I was just a old guy who would not let go of his old bike. I'm glad to be here.

Before we all well-up... What I really need is a set of Piston Rings for my 1979XS 1100SF. Stock Bore.. all four tubes. If you can"t part with just the rings I'll buy the Pistons also. Summer is comming and my lady is on the floor in pieces. Can anybody help?

Originally posted by whiskey pete View Post
    Hi Guys
    I just discovered this site yesterday. All this time I thought I was just a old guy who would not let go of his old bike. I'm glad to be here.

Before we all well-up... What I really need is a set of Piston Rings for my 1979XS 1100SF. Stock Bore.. all four tubes. If you can"t part with just the rings I'll buy the Pistons also. Summer is comming and my lady is on the floor in pieces. Can anybody help?
    Welcome to Ch11 Pete...yeah lots of us curmudgeons still running around on 30 year old bikes...LOL.It would help if you added your location to your signature...there most likely are fellow XSives in your area who might even be persuaded to come help you out for the cost of a 6 pack or 2...LOL
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

stock rings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOUR-...Q5fAccessories

ebay link above. 35.99 buy now. Not mine by the way.
      "I'd rather be fishin'"
      1980sg "Cruise Missle"
      2002A Goldwing

Comment

Originally posted by RODS454 View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOUR-...Q5fAccessories

ebay link above. 35.99 buy now. Not mine by the way.
        Just to make certain you're aware... the rings in that auction are 3rd oversize...

and welcome aboard!
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Rings

My bad. Didn't read it close enough.
          RODS454
          "I'd rather be fishin'"
          1980sg "Cruise Missle"
          2002A Goldwing

Comment

I don't think the stock size is available. You'd have to buy oversize and then file the gap to correct dimension.

Probably the best way is to find a set of cylinders and pistons on ebay. They go cheap if you can bide your time and wait for a price you want to pay.

Forgot to mention Andreas Weiss, he can usually beat ebay prices, unless you get real lucky on a bid, give him a PM and see if he has a set of jugs and pistons
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
            X