Special tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special tank

I've decided to build the '79 special, so I want to pick up a special tank. I have the standard tank that I got with all the parts.

Anyone looking to trade a special for a standard? The standard tank I have has petcocks and is solid but does have a little rust inside. I'm willing to trade for a special tank in the same condition. Even if the paints bad, cause it's gonna get repainted anyhow.
    Mike C
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Hey Mike ,

I have a couple kicking around . I am in Ontario about 4 1/2 hours from you . If you can't pick one up from someone in the States let me know.
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

tank

I have a 81 special tank....no petcocks and has rust inside.....no dents, needs painting. Good gas cap, no key. Let me know.
      At this time:
      1985 Goldwing Innr.
      1976 cb 750 cafe racer
      2007 vtx 1300
      81 sx 1100 s h
      81 sx 400 special

Comment

I would be willing to trade straight up. I have a special tank on my bike now that I am driving and want a standard tank. I would trade but I couldnt do it till I have another tank cause it is my transpo for the time being. PM me if your have questions. I live in milwaukee.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
        X