Tank and side covers needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank and side covers needed

I am looking for a decent standard tank and both side covers. I got a '78 XS1100E in need of lots of TLC. Also, when the engine stop is on stop does it connect the 2 red/white wires or does it disconnect them? Mine is missing the Engine stop knob. So I will be asking for lots of parts on here probably. It was sitting outside so it is in pretty sad shape but I really want it running because my father has the exact same model as mine so I think it would be cool to have them running down the road side by side.

For the stop switch, best bet would be to replace the right side throttle control assembly. Likely water/corrosion has rusted start button too. Fairly cheap off the Bay or our parts member here Weiss may have one.....JAT.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Pics

If you can post some pics it would be great. We all could follow along with your progress. Good Luck, and happy hunting for all your parts.
      "I'd rather be fishin'"
      1980sg "Cruise Missle"
      2002A Goldwing

Comment

Highly recommend replacing that e-stop rather than rigging it. It is a safety feature.

As stated pics are great!! I have some XS11 stuff in the garage I have not been through in a while, if I have one I'll let you know when ever I can get to the stuff.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

It wasn't that I was going to run it without the e-stop, just wondering how it worked so I could get it to run now before I sink a bunch of money into it. I will get pics up soon. And yes I think the starter button has died as well, it won't start when you push it but when you jump the solenoid it turns over. Someone who had it before really messed with the wiring on it so I have to figure it out now and fix it. There is no fuse panel left on it. We have a book for fixing them but it doesn't do much in the way of figuring things like that out.

Comment

Got pictures here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/10208089@N00/

Comment

gas tank....

hey there adrabek.....got a gas tank of a 79f (standard)....needs some love...and also have a side cover that you could probably repair if ya need...don't have pics right now, but will be on 2morrow and make sure ya get them if u r interested...also, fill in your profile and give us a location....helps when figuring shipping and also, you might find one of us right next door to you.....ride hard, ride safe.....ross
              rebel devil
              1979 xs 1100f standard
              authenic historical vehicle
              42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
              "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
              "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
              "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
              '96 venture cct.....installed!
              stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
              i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Working...
              X