Solo seat for an XJ1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo seat for an XJ1100

Want to buy a solo seat to fit an 82 XJ1100 or info on where to get one. Thanks!
    1982 XJ1100J; 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50
    Athens GA

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

I don't know of a manufacturer that will make a solo seat for the XJ. Primary reason is tht the XJ seat hooks to the frame through 2 'fingers' that are located under what is the pillion part of the seat.

You may want to contact Diamond Seats in Florida; they build custom seats for the XJ - that is where I got mine - and they also make their own seat pans. They may be able to creat a modified solo seat that retains the mounting points for the stock 'fingers'. The do not include the 'fingers' themselves, you need to have a set from an OEM seat to mount the custom seat.

The CDI box is under the pillion, so a solo seat may have to incorporate some kind of cover to protect the box. Alternative is to move the box and related wiring to another location.

As if thet were not enough, the tool box is located under the far back end of the seat, under the grab bar. Removing this portion of the seat would expose this pocket. Not a biggie, can be removed farily easily.

Link to Diamond Seat home page is http://www.diamondseats.com/
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
    X