Looking for a standard seat for my special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a standard seat for my special

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a standard seat to put on my 79 special. Anybody want to trade. If not, I really looking for one that needs to be reupholstered anyway, I want to superbike it. Let me know. Thanks, Mike
    79 XS1100 "Velvet Hammer"
    Progressive springs, MAC 4-1 with modified glass pack thrush 2" baffle inside megaphone, 80 carbs with Dynojet kit and K&N's, Ported & Polished head soon (it's what I do)

87 FZ700/ YZR500 replica in progress
    93 GS500/ 851cc stroker superlight in progress

What do you mean by a "Standard" seat? All the stock XS seats are pretty similar. The '79 seat pan is rather unique, so you may be better off re-covering your exisiting seat pan.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks for the info

I meant one from a non Special. I am more into the early 80's Superbike look, think GS1000S or KZ1000R and I thought it might be easier to reupholster an E or F seat than my FS seat because of the seat pan differences. I had a couple KZ650's back in the day set up like that and loved to ride them except for the fact that I weigh about 240lb and the little Z just didn't have enough adrenaline potential no matter how much I modified it. My new best friend, the mighty XS1100 however should have no such difficulties. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how. Mike
      Progressive springs, MAC 4-1 with modified glass pack thrush 2" baffle inside megaphone, 80 carbs with Dynojet kit and K&N's, Ported & Polished head soon (it's what I do)

Comment

My bike

Here is a pic of my bike.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/DSCF0053.jpg

Comment

Because of the uniqueness of the '79 seat pan, you're definitely better off reupholstering your existing seat. The one you have IS nice though.... Not sure why you'd want to change it.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

sent priviate message

mrbisbob i sent you priviate message call me if still interested,thanks rowdyboy321
            79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Working...
            X