ok I am a dork, looking for a late 70's xs 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok I am a dork, looking for a late 70's xs 1100

looking for a xs 1100 something like a 78 or 79 wanting to turn it into a cafe racer. I entered a post ealier and put the wrong cc in the post

OK bigbusamike

Welcome to XS11, you have chosen an excellent machine to own.
    You may want to add your location in your avatar.That way people in your area can help you better.Also once you acquire a bike there may be people close who might help you.Unless you are looking anywhere and are willing to pay shipping or even retrieving it yourself.
    If you are looking for a fixer upper.You can often times find one fairly cheaply.
    Rick

BTW,To add stuuf to your signature or avatar,go to the "User CP" tab at the top of the page.
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Not a dork, wanting an xs11 makes you smarter than most. What is your location, i've got a few xs's for ya.
      79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
      80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
      80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
      79 DT 100

Comment

I am in Kentucky, most of them stock, just curious, looking to do the chain conversion, for simple fact really want to put on spoke wheels, and chain conversion seems to be easiet way to get spoke wheels

Comment

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/1375478809.html

Not sure where in KY you are, but this seems to be a decent deal.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by bigbusamike View Post
            looking for a xs 1100 something like a 78 or 79 wanting to turn it into a cafe racer. I entered a post ealier and put the wrong cc in the post
            WOW! Check this one out on ebay!

Item # 230386237886

Don't know where it's at but it's a beauty.

Greg

Comment

It says Ohio.Looks like an excellent candidate.
              80 SG XS1100
              14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

She is a beauty isn't she?

Question for a guru: It's obviously a MS so why the standard guages and handlebars?

BTY I see your sporting a 82 750 virago. I have a 81 and need a starter clutch. Any help?

Greg

Comment

Not sure it is a Midnight. Most of the gold on it looks painted and not like the gold chrome to me. It is actually not far at all from me. Definitely std gages and not special or MNS.

Since the MNS was all cosmetic changes it would be easy enough to paint a regular special one up like that. JMHO. Although the Serial number indicated is an 80 MNS number.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Probably is a MNS and the gauges got wrecked or stopped working and the guy got a deal on the standard parts?

XSokieSPECIAL,I rebuilt my whole starting system on the xv750.As you know they are notorious for the box o rox starters.I had Dr. Virago pete grind my flywheel and #2 gear.He did it for about $100.Just send yours to him and it took about a week to get mine back.I also added a 4 brush starter.
                    BTW-we shouldn't hijack this thread.lol.So pm me or start a thread in the other bike forum here and I will respond there if you want.
                    Rick
                    80 SG XS1100
                    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
                    X