Looking for 79 Special Left Side Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 79 Special Left Side Cover

I have a 79 XS11 Special and need to find a side cover for the left side (battery). I'd prefer to stay under $30. It doesn't have to be pretty, I'm getting the bike painted anyway. I was usually able to find a couple around here for $20 to $30 range, but it's been dry for XS11 stuff here lately.

Thanks

Dan
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1979 XS1100 Special - daily driver

If you can find one for that cheap, see if you can find an '80-'81 version too! I need one for my MNS. The cheapest I've seen them go for lately is $75 on ebay.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Just went to my shop down the street. They put it through on the hotline. Give it a day or two, theyll find u a good one.

Comment

I might be able to help you out. Bought a set for my SF on fleabay about 4 months ago before I decided to hardtail it. I'm almost positive it's all good and in working order. Have to check what I paid too, don't want to loose money being broke, but I think I had $90 in the pair. My new bike has a set of good matching covers so I don't HAVE to have the spares... I'll try to get back to this today and post
        Josh Yoquelet -- I'm having dreams of my XS
        '79 XS11SF "stock"- 4/1 Kerker, T.C.'s fuse block
        '79 XS11SF "bobber"- Rotted in a pine tree for 10 years
        '81 Air forks w/23,000 miles
        New steering head races and bearings
        '78/'79 standard wire harness
        Drag bars, w/Mikes controls
        T.C.'s fuse block
        PNM Coils
        7mm Dyna Wires
        NGK Resistor Caps
        Custom 1" clutch and 9/16" MC