Here's a list of everything I need.

Gas cap
    ignition
    petcocks
    handcontrols+throttle

Front master cylinder and calipers

Possibly an old wiring harness,

headlight

Theres a few other things I cant think of at the moment.

Shoot me a PM if you have any of these things, or all of them!

We need to know what year/model you have. The parts are different between a Standard and a Special.

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm building off a bare frame, So have no idea whether it was a special or standard.

I was thinking most everything was interchangable except for maybe the gas tank hardware.

If it fits on the frame, Then I dont really care whether its special or standard.

I have a tank from special, but I wouldn't know if the bike was orignally a special or not however.

Comment

Originally posted by Raywelder View Post
        I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm building off a bare frame, So have no idea whether it was a special or standard.

I was thinking most everything was interchangable except for maybe the gas tank hardware.

If it fits on the frame, Then I dont really care whether its special or standard.

I have a tank from special, but I wouldn't know if the bike was orignally a special or not however.
        Tell us the VIN, and we'll tell you what it was originally. The trick is, it helps if you go one way or the other, since there are times when they have to work together.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

oh ok, I can get that then.

What are the main differences?

Comment

Main differences... Well, here are a few:

Seat
            Tank
            Forks
            Tripple tree
            Gauge cluster
            brake calipers (several variations through the years)
            Side covers
            size of rear wheel
            turn signals (square vs. round)
            petcocks (vacuum pecocks vs. Octy)

That's all I can come up with right now.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

VIN:number
              2h7-00844

Like I said, It dont matter to me which they're from as long as they work,
              The xs11 engine isn't going in it, its a custom bike pretty much, I can modify most stuff if needed.

Comment

FWIW, it's a '79 standard, aka. XS1100F
                1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Ok guys,

So I pretty much have all the parts I need Except,

Front calipers
                  Wiring harness,
                  and maybe a rear master.

Comment

Bump guys!

Still looking for a harness and front calipers.

However, I'm needing the harness more Right now than anything else.

Comment

PM Andreas weiss.He has a couple standards I think.I know he said he got a 78
                      in not long ago.He is a member,you should find a post for him in the for sale section.
                      80 SG XS1100
                      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
                        PM Andreas weiss.He has a couple standards I think.I know he said he got a 78
                        in not long ago.He is a member,you should find a post for him in the for sale section.
                        Just did that,
                        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X