lost a side cover on the highway :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost a side cover on the highway :(

As the title states i lost a side cover on the interstate and when i found it (most of it anyway) it appears to have been run over by a very large and very mean eighteen wheeled vehicle . if anybody has an extra that'd be pretty cool. thanks.
    Whoever coined the phrase livin' the dream forgot to mention whether it was a good dream or bad dream.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"
    75,000 miles and still goin strong.

right side fyi
    Whoever coined the phrase livin' the dream forgot to mention whether it was a good dream or bad dream.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

I don't have one, but I know it might help to know what year/model you have. There are a few differences between them. Might want to add that info to your signature for future stuff too.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Yeah, year and model would be very helpful. I have a set that are in not so good condition, but usable. They're for an 81 special though and from what I can tell of your pic it looks like you have a standard so I don't think mine will fit.
        If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

79 xs 1100 f

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

Man that sucks.

I lost my right side the other day also.

I removed it to show my buddy the new fuse box, and just sat it back on.. went for a ride and it fell of 3 blocks later. I was panicking and made a quick u-turn. A Tahoe about ran it over but luckily they seen it and let me pick it up
            '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

I'm glad you got lucky and were able to grab yours, mine is more of a jigsaw puzzle than anything else right now. the search continues.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

I too am a recent victim of losing a rt side cover. I did about the exact same thing as you andysutt. I decided I wanted to do my fuse box conversion but said 'the hell with it' and decided to just go riding instead. I just set it on there and forgot about it...gone.

I bring you all good news though! My father has the same side cover I need ('79 XS Standard, fuse box side cover) and I am going to make a mold of it so I can make some fiberglass covers. Maybe even carbon fiber??... Anyways, in a few weeks when I get the mold complete and pop a few out I will post some pictures of what the product looks like. I will make a few extra for those who need them, we can work the details out later. Look for a side cover post in a few weeks!
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I'm definately interested, as even tho I saved mine... it was already broken and missing pieces
                  '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

if you could do that, i would be very very very appreciative. not to mention that is a fantastic idea of making your own mold for them.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

still lookin'

guess what! I'm still looking for that side cover if anybody has one let me know please. my fuses and wiring will thank you.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

think almost the entire forum here is looking for those covers!

I've also lost some of em...
                        the bike is just too wild for plastic covers
                        the limitation is not the bike,.. it is the driver.
                        www.yamaha-generator.be

Comment

sidecovers,

I currently have 81h standard xs1100 match pair of sidecovers and 80g standard xs1100 match pair of sidecovers, which are different than the 78/79 e and f std models, these both look more like the 79sf special sidecovers but have round left,rectangle right slots, thanx andreas

Comment

You oughtta just make some that bolt on, like I did, they rarely fall off.

Comment

not a bad idea i think i may have found one today though.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

Working...
                              X