Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb#2

I am looking for a new carb #2 for my 78 xs1100

Do all the parts need to be in really good shape? I know there's some at my local salvage, but no guarantee the diaphragm and other parts are in really good shape...probably need a rebuild...but I could get it pretty cheap.
    1971 CB750 K1 (Painted 96-98 honda blue, currently reassembling from total teardown)
    1979 XS1100F Dark Blue (almost done...seized bolts makin me PO'd!)
    1979 CX500C (project/parts...bad stator...)
    1981 CX500C (currently the bike i ride)

Comment

All I need is the body to the carb no working parts. I need the carb with the vacuum on it. If you could find out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again. I broke the float post on mine so as long as they are in good shape I would be good.

Comment

Alright I'll go look tomorrow...I'll let you know.
        1971 CB750 K1 (Painted 96-98 honda blue, currently reassembling from total teardown)

Comment

Are there any numbers or anything on the side of the carb body so I know for sure I'm getting the right one if I find one...?

Comment

Nope no numbers its just the one that has a vacuum on it. The little brass tube sticking out from the side of it. Thanks again.

Comment

Before you go ahead and purchase it if you could let me know how much it is I would appreciate that too.

Comment

Sorry I haven't got back to you. I'm going to check them out today...I have the day off so I'll let you know. And I couldn't imagine it being more than $10, I paid $50 for a whole rack of working carbs from my local salvage...

-Chris-

Comment

Yeah thats awesome if you could get one I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Comment

Hey, I found a few sets of carbs that look very similar. But I'm going to bring some pictures there and see for sure if these are the right ones...

I'll let you know...The salvage is closed for the holiday weekend right now though...

-Chris-

Comment

Well, I looked at some pictures of carbs on ebay and it lookes like the ones i found are for later model xs1100's. I didn't see any that look exactly like these...

search ebay item # 120279531522

Are those the same as the ones you have?

Sorry I didn't find any...

Comment

Yeah those look just like mine. I tried a fix on my float post. Hopefully it will work. There is a few whole racks around the salvage yards here but they wont split them up. Anyway thanks for all of your help I appreciate it. This world would be alot better place if everyone would go out of their way to help a stranger. Thanks again.

Comment

http://www.slickssalvage.com/motorcy...s/index55.html

Try giving these guys a call...Not sure if they'll separate the set of carbs. But they are parting this bike out...They'll ship parts to you and let you pay over the phone with your credit card.

(517)-676-0583

Comment

Hey 78yamahaman,

Have you had any luck getting a carb? If not I might have one. Let me know.
                            Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                            87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                            93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                            71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                            69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

No luck still looking. I have tried to fix it like it was shown on here by Ken Talbot but havent gotten my new needles and seats yet to see if it going to work but I am still very interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X