In Search of a Vetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search of a Vetter

I am posting here looking for anyone who might have a Vetter Windjammer fairing they want to sell.I would like to add a Windjammer to my'82 XJ1100 MadMax.I have tried to register for ebay but i cant seem to get a registration confirmation.I have seen a few things of interest there.Anyone here know where i could get one?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Vetters will pop up here now and again. Most of them are OEM Yamaha and alot of the guys are reluctant to let them go (me included). Some of them will be actual Windjammers (Vetter name for the full size fairings). Check the Vetter website to see the different styles he made. Ebay will be your next best bet. I am partial to the Windjammer IV cause of the "built in" turn signals, cleaner look IMHO. They can be expensive to ship cause of the size. Don't be afraid to buy one without a windshield, you can make your own or buy them from a bunch of different places. Make sure you get the soft and hard covers. The hard covers had locks on em but they are easy to find if not on the used fairing or the key is missing. An area of common cracking is the right side pocket area, another easy fix. The plastic "chrome" trim on the edges can be had from JC Whitney. The mount could be the hard item to find since they are model specific. All the Windjammers mount the same to the bracket. "Lowers" are nice if you want to ride year round, they too are model specific but I have bought some for a Kawasaki and with some judious grinding, have made them work on my XS.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Madmax,

I bought a windjammer 4 for my XS850 that came off an XS1100f. The mount won't fit my bike, so if you find a vetter with the wrong mount, I may be willing to let mine go cheap. Im hoping to trade it for one that fits the 850.

Also, inside the vetter was the small, yellow, XS1100f owners manual (kinda oily though)

Spook

Comment

I've got a Pacifico fairing that fits the XS triples if you're interested.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

jammer 4

i have amint jammer 4 if interested pm me and i will eyou pic
          as ever bill
          bill hane

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
            I've got a Pacifico fairing that fits the XS triples if you're interested.

Thanks Pat, but I think I found a mount on e-bay. I'll post a picture of the mount I have for an XS1100F later.

Spook

Comment

Working...
            X