No announcement yet.

Crash Bar Smashed! Need another one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Bar Smashed! Need another one...

I dumped my 78 XS11 last July 2007 and want to find another right side crash bar that got smashed. It did its job and protected the engine, but it sacrificed itself in the crash. Anybody out there know where I could find another one? Please let me know. Thanks, Jerry Fountain
    Jerry F.
    <t///><
    CMA & Champions for Life
    1978 XS1100E Stnd

Jerry, are you talking about a big highway bar or the engine case guards that fit close to the engine? If it is case guards, I have a set that look brand new, yours for the shipping. Let me know.
    Jim Horton
    Myrtle Beach SC 29588
    843-274-5045

Comment

Awesome!

I would love to take you up on your case guards... yes they hug the engine and get smashed instead of the engine getting smashed... I'm in Novato, CA 94947 ~ how much would s/h be from SC? Depends on the weight, just send them slow boat, there is no rush. I haven't ridden my bike in 4 months, still reliving the crash, 3 fractured ribs, still sore, doctor says 6 months to heal... ouch!
      Last edited by fountainbiker; 10-26-2007, 12:30 PM.
      Jerry F.
      <t///><
      CMA & Champions for Life
      1978 XS1100E Stnd

Comment

Jerry, the cost for Priority Mail, Flat Rate Box, is only $8.95, 2 day delivery. I'll go Monday to the Post Office, I just need your mailing address, etc. Glad I can help.
        Jim Horton
        Myrtle Beach SC 29588
        843-274-5045

Comment

It will fit in a flat rate box?

If it'll fit I guess it's worth a try. This guard will fit a '78E you say? My work address is:

Jerry Fountain
          c/o Ghirardo CPA
          7200 Redwood Blvd., Ste 403
          Novato, CA 94945

(415) 897-5678 x110

You want me to send a check to you after you get the total? Thanks!
          Jerry F.
          <t///><
          CMA & Champions for Life
          1978 XS1100E Stnd

Comment

There is 2 different size boxes, and these will fit in the larger one. I took them off of a 79F, and they are a simple bolt on. They are visible on the pictures of the bike that I posted week before last.
            Jim Horton
            Myrtle Beach SC 29588
            843-274-5045

Comment

TCI Box?

I was just told by my repair guy that this box is bad and a new one would be $650! Any idea where I could get one for a better price? Thanx!
              Jerry F.
              <t///><
              CMA & Champions for Life
              1978 XS1100E Stnd

Comment

Jerry,

If you're bike's not laid up at a shop, and you're not in a super rush, you can mail the TCI to me for evaluation. Most just need a re-solder of the pins. PM me for the address.

BTW, I just read another post from you about buying a TCI from an XJ - it won't work on your 78E, so don't buy it.
                Last edited by randy; 12-07-2007, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Randy...

Diver Ray wrote and said he has one and will send it to me in return for my old one. He is south of me here in CA. I appreciate your willingness to help me out and your Christmas generosity to fix it! This XS11 web-site is awesome! Many blessings to you this joyous season.
                  Jerry F.
                  <t///><
                  CMA & Champions for Life
                  1978 XS1100E Stnd

Comment

Working...
                  X