carbs for '80 Midnight Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs for '80 Midnight Special

Need some help!!Took the bike in for service to try and improve the mileage and the guy tells me the problem is whoever worked on the bike before broke one of the mounts for the float on the outside right carb. He suggests to find the entire bank and replace so I'm looking for a bank or set of carbs in the black. E-bay doesn't have anything at this time. Anyone have a suggestion or two? Can they be obtained from the dealer? I'll check all the bent bike shops in the area in the morning.
    Thanks,
    boone
    "Don't look at me in that tone of voice."

1977 Pontiac Trans Am SE
    1980 Yamaha 1100 Midnight Special
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Try using the search button at the top of the page to look for 'looat post repair'. There are a number of ways of repairing a broken post, or even replacing the busted piece with a brass dowel. This would be a whole lot cheaper than a bank of carbs.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

If you can't repair them I am wondering if a regular set could be painted or powder coated?
      http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll forward this to my service guy and then call a machine shop I know and see if they can handle the repair. I was hoping someone in the group had run across this and would share their experience. I'll keep you informed and take some pictures for reference.

Boone
        "Don't look at me in that tone of voice."

1977 Pontiac Trans Am SE
        1980 Yamaha 1100 Midnight Special
        2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

Working...
        X