79F Standard grab bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79F Standard grab bar

Anyone have a extra grab rail for this one ?
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Hum, might have one. I believe it should be the straight sided one? I got it for a special and the special has a bend in the sides. Anybody no for sure what his should look like?
    DEW
    One Red "Creation 1"
    One Black"Creation 2"
    One Black"Creation 3"
    One ???? "Creation 4"
    One ???? "Creation 5"
    One ???? "Parts Bike"
    All the above 1100 Specials
    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
    1980 Midnight Special
    1978 650 SE

Comment

Click on "The Swamp Thing" below and you'll se a 79F grab bar

Comment

I was telling someone else that I even confuse myself at times ... I've got 3 different XSs that I'm working on simultaneously, all needing stuff, and that's pertty scarry . Some of you are probably thinkin': did he mean this or that? Thanks to all for your patience and continued help

If I were to analyze it, I've likely spent 4 times more time scouting out parts than twistin' bolts.

Beautiful bike, Randy .... you rescued that bike out of a swamp? Awesome.

dwibp, if your part looks like Randy's (the chrome part on the back of the seat that's not the rack) I found one, thank you very much for your reply. Another member pm'd me and I bought it. HOWEVER, if it looks like the one in this photo, I need that one too and I'll buy it. PM me and we can decide if we're both on the same page.
        80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

That one is a 79 SF (special)

Comment

?????

Originally posted by randy
            That one is a 79 SF (special)
            Sorry Randy. Note the forks, and muffler/footpeg brackets, tank, tail light, turn signals...

Comment

No, no, no...

The grab bar is a 79F, or 80, no?

Comment

See, I told ya' I'd confuse ya' ....

.... but I hope to clear it all up right now..... the bike in the photo is my 80G. It uses the same grab rail as my 79SF which has NO grab rail on it at all right now.... but I sure would love to get a hold of one for it though .
                80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

shoulda' added this photo to the last post

this is the only bike of mine that still needs a grab rail now .... 79SF .... what the heck has happened to all the grab rails, anyway? There must be a grab rail heaven somewhere, do ya' think?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...f/P1020210.jpg[/IMG]
                  80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

I have the straight grab bar (need to check that I still have it) just like shown on the burgundy xs11. The xs11 special has a slight bend in the side about where the tail lights go......... check out your pic's of a 79 special............. I will too to make sure I am not have a "senior" momment.
                    DEW
                    One Red "Creation 1"
                    One Black"Creation 2"
                    One Black"Creation 3"
                    One ???? "Creation 4"
                    One ???? "Creation 5"
                    One ???? "Parts Bike"
                    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
                    1980 Midnight Special
                    1978 650 SE

Comment

Holy Muff ... lers, Batman ...

Is that 8, COUNT 'EM, EIGHT times XS11 in your stable, sir? Sounds more like an equasion than a fleet of great bikes, doesn't it? Why .... I feel almost like I'm back in Algebra class. That's totally awesome, Dew .... and here I thought I had a few projects .... ain't nuttin' compared to yours, 'twould seem. I've pm'd you on the rail.
                      80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

I think the count is around 9-10 now and thru the "learning" process, and help from this site, found out the straight grab bar I bought thinking it was for a special was not what it appeared to be. PM'd you back.
                        DEW
                        One Red "Creation 1"
                        One Black"Creation 2"
                        One Black"Creation 3"
                        One ???? "Creation 4"
                        One ???? "Creation 5"
                        One ???? "Parts Bike"
                        78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
                        1980 Midnight Special
                        1978 650 SE

Comment