Looking for side cover 79 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for side cover 79 special

Hello! I am new to the site and was curious if any of you have a side cover for the left side of a 79 11 special. Any color will work.

Also I don't know how to get the pic under my screen-name. Any help with that would be cool.

Thanks.
    "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

its called an avatar. look in your controll panel
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Kurt - I've moved you post over here to the 'wanted' section.

Sidecovers can be a bit hard to find. They do come up on Ebay once in a while, and a few members on the list might have a spare. Unfortunately, this is one of the most asked-for items and they're sure not available from Yamaha any more.

There's also a guy Ebay right now selling a reproduction cover. He appears to be a bit confused about what the cover will fit as his ad mentions the 1978 XS1100, and it also mentions the LH which was the '81 Midnight Special. There are differences. Try using the search button at the top of the page to look through past postings for information on compatibility between the various years and models.

BTW - Welcome!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Cool, thanks.

I've been browsing ebay pretty much daily, but I know who ignorant people can be on there. Thought I would have better luck with some people that actually know what they are talking about.

Comment

Got it. Thanks hobbyman!!

Comment

Working...
          X