1993 Yamaha GTS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Yamaha GTS1000

Not mine but for sale locally to me...Rare to find one ..let alone have a chance to own one...Test rode one back in the mid 90s...it was awesome..and way too expensive...
    https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/d...338015702.html

1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Hi Ben,
    I have only ever seen one of those.
    You would look good on that Still pretty pricey for a 24 year old machine.

Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey Phil...Thanks for the compliment...Actually KBB values this..in Exc.condition @$5000...The luggage alone is close to $1000...
      I would love to air this one out on the fine mtn. roads we have down here..
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Suzuki did it right in the early 90's with the GSX1100 Katana. Mine would smoke that Yamaha. Such a big, but POWERFUL sport touring bike!
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

A friend of mine, Roel Scheffers who lives in Norway now, modified one of these.
          Very special ...

Click

XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
          MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
          Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
          Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
          Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
          Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh View Post
            A friend of mine, Roel Scheffers who lives in Norway now, modified one of these.
            Very special ...

Click

Different, but definitely a nice option choice for a track bike.......and some serious skills involved there too!
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

While someone has very high engineering and fabrication skills...this IMO is no longer a GTS1000... Congratulations on making a stone cold soul less techno monstrosity...YMMV ofc...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                While someone has very high engineering and fabrication skills...this IMO is no longer a GTS1000... Congratulations on making a stone cold soul less techno monstrosity...YMMV ofc...
                No problem with that. This bike is all about engineering skills and only few people appreciate that. That is also the reason why Yamaha did not sell the stock one in the first place.
                Apart from that I think the stock bike, when compared with eg a FZR1000, was expensive, low on horsepower, torque is linear to say the least and the front swing hits the ground when cornering enthusiastically (really scary). And as it was presented as a touring bike it should have had a shaft drive. I rode a new one when it was presented at our local Yammie dealer.
                XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh View Post
                  No problem with that. This bike is all about engineering skills and only few people appreciate that. That is also the reason why Yamaha did not sell the stock one in the first place.
                  Apart from that I think the stock bike, when compared with eg a FZR1000, was expensive, low on horsepower, torque is linear to say the least and the front swing hits the ground when cornering enthusiastically (really scary). And as it was presented as a touring bike it should have had a shaft drive. I rode a new one when it was presented at our local Yammie dealer.
                  Totally agree with your assessment of the GTS..yes it should have had a shaft drive..I do appreciate the skills involved just dont care for the finished product..I too was able to test ride one from a dealer...and it was prohibitively expensive..IIRC they were asking $13,999 brand new and it just wasnt a success commercially...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                  X