1969 sears 106ss single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 sears 106ss single

I live in southern New Jersey and I deliver pizzas for a living. On one of my runs I saw a set of small forks sticking out from under a canvas tarp in a customer's garage. I asked him about the bike and he told me it was purchased from a Sears mail order catalog in 1969. The bike is complete with a few extra parts. It is definitely a project.

It needs tires, paint, chrome, some sandpaper and a whole lotta lovin'. The seat was "fixed" very poorly but the original skin is still there. All of the chrome is flaking badly.

Some points he told me about the bike:
    Shifting is reverse to most bikes today
    It has a generator so the lights aren't all that great
    It will do 50 mph
    It has a flat back tire
    It hasn't been ridden or registered since 2002
    He has some literature on the bike
    Title unknown

It has around 2500 miles

He didn't have any idea what it goes for so any offers are great
    The bike is located in lindenwold NJ
    81 xs1100 SH
    81 xs1100 SH (parts)
    80 suzuki gs550et
    07 suzuki S40

Sears bike

Hey, phatts ...

These bikes were actually built by Italian motorcycle manufacturer GILERA and sold in the U.S. under the Sears brand name.

As the name implies, they were 106cc displacement and the SS stood for ... yep, SuperSport (believe it or not).

They were pretty crude bikes, even by 1960's standards ... but then again, they were cheap ... less than $400.00 new.
    Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Yes, you are right. It is a gilera and it definitely is crude. I want to make clear that this is not my bike. I don't think he is expecting tons of cash for it either.

What I remember: center stand only, spoke rims, red paint with knee tank inserts, skinny tires, and it had a handmade wooden storage box behind the seat that can be converted into another seat (also wooden).
      81 xs1100 SH
      81 xs1100 SH (parts)
      80 suzuki gs550et
      07 suzuki S40

Comment

Working...
      X