1982 XJ550 Maxim $900 San Antonio, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 XJ550 Maxim $900 San Antonio, TX

1982 XJ 550 Maxim with 29,500 miles. Was my son Dylan's in-between bike bridging the XS400 and Honda Shadow 750. He only rode it about 600 miles total and its been sitting since last summer.

Tags expired in Sep '13. Blue Texas title is clear in my name.

I cleaned out the carbs to get it to run since it was gummy. They still need work and sync but I am leaving the joy to the next owner I just cannot spend the time.

I was waiting all year for Dylan to get this going sweet again and sell it for his profit. Now I am selling it cheap and keeping the cash. Too late son!

Paint is OK, not original. It is some kind of bed liner paint on tank and side covers and has a brake fluid drip on right side I figure whomever gets it will repaint it anyway.

Tires were new for Dylan, so a couple years old with 600 miles.

Gotta jump it to start it so prob gonna need a battery. It has an AGM that WAS new but neglect is hurting it. Blinkers dont work anymore but could be voltage related? and I am not tracing the issue at this point.

Come by and ride it around the block, you will take it I know.

For some reason my pics are not showing. PM me your email and I will send pics or post later.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

If someone from the forum buys this, I will put in a new battery for them included. Will deliver to Dallas for $100 extra. Not going past 300 miles so Oklahomaians gotta come south!

John

Comment

Cute little thing. I just could never go smaller again after riding the XS11.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Yeah I know, but it makes a great starter bike due to weight and handling....

John

Comment

Doesn't anybody have a short kid or significant other that needs a bike with a short straddle height?

John

Comment

baby brother

Would love to stand this next to my 1100 maxim in the gararge
              its like baby brother and daddy

I would like a complete set in cc
              The old ones are the best 9000 miles from new and rising
              got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1982 Xj1100J Maxim US Specfast keeps going
              1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

Comment

I am game. How much to ship to UK?

John

Comment

shipping

Would love it but money for shipping to the UK would cost more than the bike
                  Thanks for the offer
                  out of curiosity how many pennies asking price ?

Lloyd
                  The old ones are the best 9000 miles from new and rising
                  got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1982 Xj1100J Maxim US Specfast keeps going
                  1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

Comment

Sorry I only put it in the original title - $900

Thanks
                    John

Comment

Bump.

Still have this for sale for $900 but I am weakening on my price

John

Comment

Bump.

$750 to make room for more 1100s...

John

Comment

$550 for an XJ 550

Clean title. Just needs some love and to be ridden. Who is game...

Somebody say they are coming to test ride and I will clean the carbs

John

Comment

Hi John,

You may have a better response over at XJBikes.com, although X-mas is around the corner . . . which could be a good thing

GLWS
                            1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                            1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                            1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                            1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                            1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

You sell this yet JW? I might be interested for my Nephew if his wife will let him.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X