Chatterbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatterbox

SWMBO and I have been using a pair of Chatterbox Model GMRS X1, Bluetooth radios when we ride for about the last three years, or so. Last weekend she was able to hear me when I transmitted, but I was unable to hear her. Both sets of earpieces seem to be working as we can hear the "warble" through them when the units power up. My guess is that something is wrong with her microphone. The unfortunate part of this is that the manufacturer no longer has available, or supports the headset that we have, AND, the new headsets do not work with our older models.

I propose the following scenarios:

1. I'm willing to sell the units, as is, to someone with the technical wherewithal to perform the needed repairs on the headsets so that they'll communicate again. I figure that $100 USD is a fair price to pay for about $400 worth of equipment. (I'll pay the freight.) I have the original boxes and manuals and some spare helmet clips.

2. I'm more than willing to send both units to someone who can fix them and then share the proceeds of their sale 50/50 if you don't want to use them yourself.

I do plan to advertise them, as is, on Craig's List in my area.

Ralph
    Last edited by REFFI; 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM. Reason: Add e-mail REFFI@aol.com
Working...
X