Wanted: XJ 650 Maxim or 750 Maxim tank in good condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: XJ 650 Maxim or 750 Maxim tank in good condition

I've had it. My original tank got dented when the handlebar grip slid off & the bike while I was jockeying it in the garage. It fell hitting a block of wood severely denting the tank. I bought a replacement tank from a lister last fall & this spring was able to ready it for painting and discovered it's junk, full of rust holes and is worthless. I first thought I bought it from someone on XJ bikes but I remember it was from someone here. I deleted my old PMs so I don't remember who I bought it from and can't find out. My bad luck.

Rather than put more hours into dressing the holes & lining the tank I'd rather just buy a ready to go tank at a decent price. I've already wasted the money for this crap tank and don't want to waste my time and money doing the right thing and making this sieve workable. I can't in good conscience sell the new buyer crap so I have to be sure the whole bike is intact before selling and introducing them to XJbikes.

So I need another XJ650 Maxim tank or a XJ750 Maxim tank that is rust hole free and preferably red.

Please PM me and I'll get the message.

Thanks

Gary
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Tank found.
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Working...
    X