Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kboehringer
    replied

How many government workers does it take to rebuild and install a set of carbs?

Apparently another couple managers are required to determine why productivity is so low?

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied

Deer Slayer says HELLO!

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Mike the "Deer Slayer" has arrived safely! Magna is in good shape and ready for the FZR vs. Magna Challenge...

I'm having difficulty uploading photos to .club for some reason. Internet service is questionable at IH but the same photos loaded to FB rather quickly.

I will try to post details and photos later.....

KURT

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    Hi Mike,
    In Michigan can you keep the deer ?
    Probably if you notify the Department of Natural Resources, but It wouldn't fit on the 6 pack rack on that bike.

Leave a comment:

• MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Mike,
    I'm glad you survived the encounter. In Michigan can you keep the deer ?
    Have a good rally. Stay well.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    My rally adventures started prematurely.

I have been busy getting our house ready to sell, and I couldn't get around to washing my rally bikes until late in the day today.

I usually wash them, wipe them with towels, then use an air hose to blow out the nooks and crannies. Finally, I take them for a short ride to heat them up and dry off the engine and exhaust and let the wind dry it some more.

Of course I'm bringing the Venturer. It's a big heavy touring model. I have room for a second bike this year since BIL Nick can't attend. I know its a Yamaha rally, but my V65 has never been to the Smokies, and I thought it would be fun to have it as a lighter, faster bike to compliment the Venturer. I was hoping you guys might forgive me since I did bring a Yamaha as my primary ride.

So, I got the Venturer cleaned up, and then I got the V65 cleaned up. It was getting dark by the time I was finishing the V65. I took it for the obligatory drying ride, and I nailed a deer in the hind quarters at about 45MPH. I'm OK. He's not.

Surprisingly, the bike seems OK. I'll inspect it some more and ride it tomorrow morning before I load it up and head off at noon. If it's not OK, then the Vmax gets a double header.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    If it was a normal year I would be busy packing. Trying to get 10 lbs of stuff into a 5 lb bag.

For those going: Stay safe have a good rally......and post some pictures
    Phil
    Thanks Phil for the Well Wishes.... You and your Canadian counterparts will be sorely missed (Brian, Peter, Angus, ...Sorry for those names I missed).
    There will be a 20th Annual Event in 2021 and we're already planning to make it the biggest and best ever.....We will ALL be looking forward to seeing our Canadian friends next year.

We will post plenty of photos here, on the Rally website, and FB.

KURT

Leave a comment:

• MaximPhil
    replied
    If it was a normal year I would be busy packing. Trying to get 10 lbs of stuff into a 5 lb bag.

For those going: Stay safe have a good rally......and post some pictures
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• rbergeman
    replied
    Hi y'all! Just a few more days to the Rally! Can't wait! If anyone attending has a few more days to spend riding I have a timeshare just over the GA border in Dillard. It will sleep 4 comfortably so there will be three other free spots for anyone who's interested. Have the place from 9/27 to checkout on 10/3. Just looking for some comrades to enjoy the roads with! Can give you details at the Rally. I'll be heading over there on Monday when we leave the Iron Horse.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied

As usual, Nancy has assembled all the Goodie Bags for distribution at check-in. For those that ordered t-shirts, they are included in your goodie bag available at check-in. All riders receive a goodie bag regardless of shirt order. The bags contain small items from Yamaha (and other vendors) including kickstand pucks, lanyards, key chains, as well as small snacks, etc.

In addition, all riders will be given; ballots and and ID card to identify their bike for the award voting, drawing tickets for large and small prizes from our contributors.

We will be holding a 50/50 raffle as well to help support some of the out-of-pocket expenses we incur each year.

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied

Some of the awards are missing from last year. The Best in Show, Best Restoration, and Best Custom are ready.

Leave a comment:

• JeffH
    replied
    Decided to be at the Vintage Yamaha Rally next weekend Sept 25-26 ?

If you can't snag a cabin at the Iron Horse NO WORRIES, there are still motel rooms available at the San Ran in Robbinsville. 11 miles from there to the Iron Horse.
    I just talked with Ann at the San-Ran and they still have 4-5 room available for Fri Sept 25th and Sat Sept 26th. Like $105 including tax plus has Fridge / Freezer / Microwave / coffee pot etc. A nice mom & pop place and can park your bike right in front of your room.
    It is right on the corner of NC143 and US129 so EZ location and walking distance to grocery and restaurants.

https://sanranmotel.com/

San Ran Phone # is: (828) 479-3256 mention Vintage Yamaha Rally

May even group up and start one of the Rally Rides from the San Ran Parking Lot.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-15-2020, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    Enforcement?..? Well, seeming by integerty in my case, at least. People's Republic of puts out decrees and evolving "safe state" maps... Employer puts up a Mass.gov compliment policy plus guard bands, we employees acknowledge it via required training....... Failure to adhere is grounds for termination... Something like that. Like I said, "impending mess".

---Bax

Leave a comment:

• kboehringer
    replied
    Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
    Bax:
    I wonder how MA enforces those rules.
    Seems to me without an ID check of every person, in (or on) every vehicle, crossing every state line, every minute, of every day it's not possible to enforce.

"Where you been fella?" "I spent a few days in Pulaski New York Salmon Fishing!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X