X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger_xs1100
    replied
    Hi Mike,
    I dropped the shims off at the post office this morning, ETA Tuesday.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by Forden View Post

Indeed it is, I prefer the style of the standard. I don't think I called it a special anywhere, did I?

No Forden, your model listing is correct. Sorry, my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger_xs1100
    replied

Excellent, thanks Bob. PM coming.
    Mike
    Got it Mike,
    I'll get those out to you early next week.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    Originally posted by motoman View Post
    BTW Forden, the posted pic of that bike makes it a 79Standard not Special. Tell-tale signs are fuel tank, front fork, and several other things.
    Indeed it is, I prefer the style of the standard. I don't think I called it a special anywhere, did I?

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
    I have a 2.75 and 2.85. If you want to trade, send me a pm with your mailing address and I'll get them out to you. You can send me back the one you have the most of, as I'm just slowly collecting shims for my yet to be built engine.
    Thanks Ray, Bob has all three, so that'll take care of it.

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post

Hi Mike,
    PM me your address and I'll mail you the three shims you are looking for. If you want to send your extra's back to me, that'll be cool. I'll add them to my collection.
    Bob
    Excellent, thanks Bob. PM coming.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• LAB3
    replied
    That's a nice looking bike! I've only had mine since May of this year but have already decided it's the best one (out of about 15 total) that I've yet to own.

Leave a comment:

• motoman
    replied
    BTW Forden, the posted pic of that bike makes it a 79Standard not Special. Tell-tale signs are fuel tank, front fork, and several other things.

Leave a comment:

• DiverRay
    replied
    I have a 2.75 and 2.85. If you want to trade, send me a pm with your mailing address and I'll get them out to you. You can send me back the one you have the most of, as I'm just slowly collecting shims for my yet to be built engine.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger_xs1100
    replied

Hi all, after lapping I'm looking for a few shims--I need these three:

I have a 2.60 and a 2.95 to trade, if that helps anyone. of course I can always order from mikesxs, so no worries either way.
    Thanks, Mike
    Hi Mike,
    PM me your address and I'll mail you the three shims you are looking for. If you want to send your extra's back to me, that'll be cool. I'll add them to my collection.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
    Post if you need the shims, and some of us do have a few spares. The big problem is that the valves tighten up as they wear, so the thinner shims are in demand.
    Hi all, after lapping I'm looking for a few shims--I need these three:

I have a 2.60 and a 2.95 to trade, if that helps anyone. of course I can always order from mikesxs, so no worries either way.
    Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by Forden; 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DiverRay
    replied
    Post if you need the shims, and some of us do have a few spares. The big problem is that the valves tighten up as they wear, so the thinner shims are in demand.

Leave a comment:

• Schming
    replied
    Shims are 29mm, check this link:

https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650...-shim-kit.html

Not sure if there is still a Library of shims and /or who has it.
    Last edited by Schming; 04-10-2022, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Forden
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80 View Post

Those rotors look right for the year but someone painted them gold like MNS rotors. That bike looks familiar, where did you pick it up?
    Mass, long way from OK so probably a lookalike.

Is there any kind of valve shim trading arrangement here? about to check clearances. too bad they are apparently .5 mm bigger in diameter than what I've got for my GS750 (which are 29mm).

Leave a comment:

• Radioguylogs
    replied
    Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
    And for any comedians from Michigan, YES that is rust on the center of the rear rotor!
    What do you mean, we invented rust in Michigan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X