Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gear

I have a couple of things to say about the second gear "black & decker Fix"
    First I did what it told me to do and it did work for a while but not long. I found that
    it does not make sence to grind the dogs
    ect. because if you have it torn down to that point then all you have to do is move the washer to the outher side of second gear. There will be a clip you must remove then the washer or shim whatever you want to call it then the gear will slide off the shaft, once the gear is off slide the washer on first then the 2nd gear then the clip. Now the dogs engage all the way and will not slip no matter what, even if the dogs are rounded and worn. Also when installing I put the countershaft in before the shift forks with the 5th gear still off and the countershaft bolt loose so I could move it some and you can slide the shift forks through the space where 5th gear would be, #3 fork first and they will go right in no problem 3,2,1 if the oil pump is removed. AS soon as #3 is in place pust the shaft in enough to hold it in then slide #2 in, Push the shaft thouugh it then #1 and pust the shaft all the way in. Slide the 5th gear back on the countershaft and button her up! Faster and foolproof
Working...
X