The time has come... My XS has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come... My XS has to go

Well Gents, the time has come. After 20 years, I am selling Visitation. ....... Always said I'd never do it, but life bring changes. Took her on her final voyage with me to Deals Gap last weekend, 1200 miles round trip (400 of it in the POURING rain) ... Still a great bike. BUT..... Military keeps me so busy and moving that I can not drag 3 motorcycles around with me any longer, and it is time to thin the herd.

Today I bought a beautiful new Silver FZ6. I'm hanging up the old school jacket, jeans and combat boots, selling my XS 11 & 650 & Wearing a Vanson setup, and stepping into the modern age of motorcycling. (Chasing a 2004 Aprilia Tuono all last weekend did help in the conversion).....

I rode the FZ1 & 6 today, liked the 1 alot, similar to our XS's, but LOVED the 6, flickable, less torque down low, but at 8-10 G's WOW. But thats for another section..... 12 months, 0 down, 0 payments gives me some time to sell my XS's. Main issue is weight and daily ride with the ability to do some limited touring, but more for daily FUN... This is it.

I was shocked to see all the stuff I have for Vistation, and want to offer it all up to true XS enthusiasts before putting it before the great hoards of the unwashed... (AKA EBAY).

Here's what I have, want all to go together if possible.

1979 XS1100SF, 18K miles near perfect condition.
    Upgraded Fork Springs, still run & hold air in forks.
    TKAT custom fork brace
    Factory Lockhart Oil Cooler
    Pearle White Paint (perfect condition) Emblems near perfect (including seat) Fork emblem shows some age.
    All chrome and aluminum is excellent. Wired for Sigma BC800 Bike Computer
    Thumb style Throttlelock
    Needs New Tires, that is it..................

Extra Stuff:
    Original Special Exhaust System (OK condition)
    King/Queen Touring Seat with pan attached.
    Rifle 1/2 Fairing (painted to match bike, has crack, but still looks pretty good)
    5.5 Gallon Standard Tank in Macho Maroon (very good condition)
    2 Side Covers (need paint)
    Emblems for side covers and Tank (need to be redone)
    TKAT aluminum HB Risers 4 & 6"
    Extra Tail light
    Original Owners Manual
    Yamaha XS 1100 Service Manual
    Starter Motor
    Case guards *less than perfect.
    Highway pegs * Factory, mount to front engine mounts)
    1 full set of used brake pads (emergency for trips)
    1 Set of NEW in package front brakes
    2 Oil Filters
    A box of lots of things, starter buttons, misc. switches etc.
    I think I have some other things too, but That is a good idea.

For those who know Visitations Condition, I am its second owner, and the condition is teh same as it was in 1999 at Toronto, infact maybe a bit better as I have worked on the casings. She basically sat for the last 4 years while I rode my Concours (plus 12 months in Iraq, and 4 months in other Army oriented places shhhhhh). Only put about 1800 miles on her in the last year, 1200 of it last weekend. THIS BIKE IS A GEM........

Yes, I'm a bit sad, but I need to do this, time for change.... Never thought I'd do this, but 2004 has been a year of many things I thought I'd never do.

Get with me off list if your interested, PM or my e-mail stephen.pratel@us.army.mil.
    Steve Pratel
    1979 XS 110SF "Visitation"
    1977 XS 650 "Bulldog"
    2002 Saab 9-3
    1982 Saab 900 APC Turbo
Working...
X