No announcement yet.

Why hasn't this been thought of before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't this been thought of before?

A good source of parts , or at least a good to place to begin our search is the classified ads in the back of motorcycle magazines. Some years ago I called one of the OEM parts warehouses that advertise there to check on some parts that I wanted for some engine work. They had everything I needed and they're price was over $150 cheaper than the the dealer's $500 price tag. The guy on the phone asked me what the dealer wanted for the items and after I told him , that's when I learned that the local dealer, Yamaha of Texas, was charging 20% OVER suggested retail price. They had just relocated, built a new building, and bought out a Suzuki dealership. I guess the customers were paying for it. Plus the owner was a real dick. That's when I started calling some of the other Yamaha dealers in the area. I would call the local dealer first, get his price, then call some of the other dealer in the area, and always get a better price. It was worth the drive for me to get a better price. That was over ten years ago, and even though the local shop is less than two miles from my house, I still won't do any business with them, and I always tell other Yamaha riders not to buy parts there, and suggest they shop elsewhere for a better price. They also have these young punks working the counter, and when you tell them you need part for a 1980 XS1100 Special, they just get this stupid look on their face and say what's that?

Well now, I feel better after my morning rant. And it wasn't about h-d riders.

Have a nice day
Working...
X