Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleven Sport Running - Progress

Yeeaaaah,

FINALLY - got some time to get back in the garage to see what I could do with the old XS1.1 Sport after I rebuilt the carbs with new Parts-n-more supplied carb rebuild kits.

Well, my previous finding was that there was fuel in number 2 cylinder, enough to cause trouble with the engine turning over (hydraulicalling). This can blow gaskets if you try and run the motor with the uncompressible liquid in there. Found out the problem after taking out the plugs and turning over the engine......hmmmm. I looked in the oil level sight glass and all was full oil coloured.....hmmm, not good.

Today I took off the oil drain plug and got LOTS of thin, fuel smelling oil.....those taps / float valves must have been leaking lots then

Refilled the oil, checked the floats in the carbs weren't sticking (wooden shaft of one hammer against each float bowl then a sharp tap with the other.....)

All back together and .... dead battery...jump from the car and she ran really well and evenly...... wow......time for a new battery and the open road!!

Just hope that fuel ladened oil hasn't encouraged any hints of corrosion on bearings etc....... at least there's some nice fresh oil in there now...

See you out there!
    XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
    Guzzi 850
    Z1000
Working...
X