Saved My Seat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved My Seat!!!

So after my Saint Bernard ate my seat last fall, I thought it was a goner (the seat, not the dog). I replaced it with what I assume to be a Suzuki seat that had a similar pan but was narrower and needed to be mounted higher above the frame than mine. This made it unstable and near impossible to mount via the draw-down bolts.

Today, while riding with my 15 yr old, I got sick of the squirming and wriggling trying to keep the thing straight, I shot over to Wal Mart and bought a can of expanding foam and some material to cover the XS seat with. Also got some polyester/cotton filler to pad the ride.

Using masking tape, I made a form for the foam to fill into. After it hardened to the touch, I applied silicone adhesive to the seat material and added a GOOD 5 inches of filler, and then cut and stretched the material over that. The filler compressed to a nifty 1/2 inch of pillowy fluff that cushions the cheeks and makes me one happy rider. PLUS, it makes the seat look twice as full and makes the material look like it was meant to be there.

No pics as of yet, but when I get some I'll post em. Just very happy to have MY seat back!!! Looking forward to that 1,000 mile jaunt in 2 weeks!!
    "Rat Rod"
    79 XS1100 Standard
    87 VMAX cans
    Cheap Japanese Tires
    Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
    Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
    Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...
Working...
X