Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W Air Forks

Hey Folks...

I've got a problem. (Don't we all... lol)

I purchased my 78 E used with the S&W front air suspension. It had two tiny black hoses coming from each fork cap into a centralized psi gauge (which has an air fitting to evenly distribute air to the two forks.) Ok, we clear so far? lol

Well, over the years, the little black hoses have cracked and leak fork oil/air. It seems at the end of the little black hoses, going into the fork caps, is a tiny brass (I'll go out on a limp and say it's a compression-type) fitting. The fitting rotates within the cap, and I've tried pulling the brass fitting out to replace the hose, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or should I just continue banging my head against the wall, really annoying my neighbors?

Also, is there any resource for locating replacement parts for this incredibly useful accessory? I've tried my normal 'net search yielding a race car suspension site also called S&W suspension.

I did acquire a set of air caps that work individually of each other, but not really into using those. I'd rather use the centralized S&W setup already installed on the bike.

BTW, was this an option from Yamaha or was this added afterwards by the original owner? Just curious.

Vic
    - Columbia SC
Working...
X