VinMoto Rumble - Lotsa pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VinMoto Rumble - Lotsa pics

I am really going to try and turn over a new leaf this year about ride reports, starting them and finishing them in a timely manor.

I am also aware this will not last, but it is good to have goals. Really.

So, the Milwaukee Vintage Motorcycle club, and the Chicago Vintage Motorcycle club (MilVinMoto and ChiVinMoto, respectively) have a yearly 'rumble' in the spring. In years past there might have been knives and chains, now the winner is determined by the number of license plates from each state. The location for the Rumble is the Brat Stop, in Kenosha, WI, near the border.

Last year, the weather was awful. The event was moved back a month, and we were rewarded with a beautiful day. The MilVinMoto group met to ride down together (Well, some of them anyway)

The Hi-Fi Cafe, located in Bayview (Which isn't actually a town, just a neighborhood in Milwaukee) is a local icon. It does a good job capturing the local flavor of politeness with a touch of, well -

I actually got there on time, odd for me on a weekend morning. But more bikes filtered in and before long it was time to head south to the Brat Stop

The all-important pre-ride meeting. I don't do many group rides, preferring to go my own way and meeting up at set locations. The MilVinners do seem to have a unique method, though, choosing the person who had the least idea of where we were going to go first. Since I had a GPS, that wasn't me. I felt better all the way in the back anyway.

I don't have a good picture showing how many bikes were at the Brat Stop, but I do have proof I was there-

Yup, even with the following Vintage Goodness, the ole' XS1100 got some attention, well traveled as she is.

Other stuff to drool on-

(yup, really seran wrap on the seat)

(Ridden by the original owner)

The rest of the pics should be here. I am trying Facebook for photo hosting, something of an experiment, and not really sure how it will work. So if it doesn't work It would be nice if someone let me know.

http://tinyurl.com/yayce36
    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.
Working...
X