80g fork seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80g fork seals

I just finished installing the new BM fork seals last night. I have read about people making a seal driver tool out of pvc pipe, and tought you might find this helpful. The 80g seals are slightly larger in outside diameter than the special so I would have to do some measuring for the specials. But the seals from BM were no problem to install. Using a small amount of grease on the inside of the shock and the outside of the seal, and then a 36MM socket, a couple of light hits on the socket with a hammer and the seals were fully seated without any distorsion. The seals from BM are made in Italy and appear to be of good quality. I will update this thread as to how well they hold up.
    1980 xs1100g mostly. "Adrenalize - the Yamaha I always wanted to be able to order"

Modified frame, side covers, seat, back rest, engine, carbs, airbox, hoses, headlight assembly, turn signals, mirriors, handle bars, grips, v rated tires, gauges, homemade 4-2 exhaust system, leather upholstery, custom paint including True Fire Flames air brush work. A 25 year dream realizied.

"It ain't braggin if you can do it" Muhammad Ali
Working...
X