Xj 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xj 750

Been working on a friend’s XJ750. It has been sitting for months with a crankcase full of fuel & Oil mix due to some real hosed up carbs and a leaking petcock. After we got the carbs sorted out and the oil change the adjustment and sync went really well. I took it out to pull a couple of red line runs to see if the carbs were right at full throttle and I noticed the clutch slipping at full throttle above 6.5K. It will catch up and grip and it feels like a jato bottle just went off in the back. I have adjusted the cable to spec with no improvement. Could the 3 to 4 month soak in gas and oil affect the frictions even after the correct oil was put in? The bike has 36K on the clock so it might just be time to change the clutch springs but I was hoping someone had seen this before and could tell me it will fix itself after enough exposure to the right oil.
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson
Working...
X