Play Ball!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Ball!!

We all have crazy experiences when we are out on the road. I had a unique one the other day I thought I would share.

I had just finished my second pick-up coil wire repair and needed to take The Dark Horse for a test ride. I had traveled about twenty miles and was on my way home when I noticed some kids playing baseball in front of their house. One of the kids (obviously an outfielder) was running back, looking up for a fly ball that was going over his head. Instinctively, being an old ball player myself I looked up to see where the ball was.

I was travelling at about 40 mph when I saw the ball. Coming right at me! I didn't have time to think about catching it. I had to duck down on the bike to avoid being hit in the upper chest. The ball whizzed just over my head and hit the road just behind and to the left of me.

If I hadn't noticed the kid running for the ball near the edge of the road who knows what would have happened. The young teenage kid who had been the batter yelled an apology as I rode on by.

I know bugs taste better when they're going faster. What does a baseball taste like?

Y'all ride safe and watch for flying sports equipment.
    Bob Udy
Working...
X