Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

almost ready to ride, to bad its snowing here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost ready to ride, to bad its snowing here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_225143.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	862811 Almost ready to ride... bringing this 80xs 1100 special back to life has been challenging, intriguing, frustrating , FUN. I xouldnt have done it without all the wealth of sharing ,caring and unselfish help from all you that have "been there". Thanks so much for this forum and all the help that is here to use.
    So far I've put in a new clutch and springs, rebuilt brakes all around, cleaned out carbs, painted the tank and cleaned,polished, buffed everything i could take apart.
    im still having issues with the carbs, im sure if I cant figure it out, ill be back on this site asking and looking for answers.
    Anyway, thanks again guys, im looking forward to meeting some of you at the rally in Colorado.

Bike is looking good. Describe the problems you are having with the carbs. Questions.... what parts do you have in the carbs... jets .. size and are they genuine Mikuni? I have been working on carbs for the past several weeks and have encountered a lot. I probably can point you in the right direction.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

I'm a little below and West of you. It's not snowing here, but it is wet and COLD. I'm trying to paint my bike at the moment, and that is to make Colorado this year myself. It's been 4 years since I made the last rally there.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

When i cleaned out the carbs I couldn't remove the float bowl on #3. Of course thats the cylinder thats not firing 100 % now. Its just a matter of taking a little more time and effort to get it apart and clean. Ill keep u posted. Thanks for your interest.
        Ray we should try to team up for the ride to colorado.

Comment

I'm going to trailer to CO this year. My wife and dogs are along, so that's the only way I can do it. We are going to spend the night in Kemmer, WY. The 11.5 hour drive is too much for my passengers. I will not be in Kremmling until Friday.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
          X