• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is TC back??? Who are our Moderators?

Is TC back??? Who are our Moderators? nezzer
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Fair question, I created a sticky post with the current admins and moderators.
    https://xs11.club/forum/idle-talk-fo...and-moderators
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Ah.. Thankyou nezzer...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm back!! I could not log on reliably once I moved to the house. After six months, the cable company flushed the DNS names, and now it works once again.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Welcome back Ray!
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey there Ben, guys. I've been out of the habit of doing daily XS11.*** stuff for the past year due to the demise of the old site. And now life is happening again. The SWMBO has had a recurrence of her oral cancer, still undergoing evals ie. CT-scan,and then appt with ENT Oncologist this Friday, to determine what and/or if anything can be done dependent on if it has metastasized or not, as well as the extent of the SCC(Squamous Cell Carcinoma) lesions in her left jaw/tongue area. IF it may involve her jaw bone, then we're talking extensive removal of tissue/bone/muscle, and not sure if she will be willing to go through that level of pain again, as well as not being able to chew, talk, have to feed through naso-gastric tube, etc.!? SO combined with the other FUN events of this great year of 2020, and now this medical crisis, not sure WHEN I'll be able to apply myself to the care of the new site, ie. trying to re-upload the missing photos in the tech tips before the links to the old site are no longer working if/when the webmaster shuts down the old site?? BTW, I'm also having to deal/care for my 93 year mom with worsening dementia. And SWMBO also developed Parkinson's this past year, so she can no longer drive, so I'm having to take time off work to take her to her appts..She's also loosing her vision due to her diabetes, getting monthly injections in her eyes!

Nezzer has done a phenomenal job of resurrecting the FORUM and threads and such, having the site able to handle new member registrations automatically, so my services will probably not be needed much anyways for the near future. You guys have fun with the new site, play nice!

T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
              Hey there Ben, guys. I've been out of the habit of doing daily XS11.*** stuff for the past year due to the demise of the old site. And now life is happening again. The SWMBO has had a recurrence of her oral cancer, still undergoing evals ie. CT-scan,and then appt with ENT Oncologist this Friday, to determine what and/or if anything can be done dependent on if it has metastasized or not, as well as the extent of the SCC(Squamous Cell Carcinoma) lesions in her left jaw/tongue area. IF it may involve her jaw bone, then we're talking extensive removal of tissue/bone/muscle, and not sure if she will be willing to go through that level of pain again, as well as not being able to chew, talk, have to feed through naso-gastric tube, etc.!? SO combined with the other FUN events of this great year of 2020, and now this medical crisis, not sure WHEN I'll be able to apply myself to the care of the new site, ie. trying to re-upload the missing photos in the tech tips before the links to the old site are no longer working if/when the webmaster shuts down the old site?? BTW, I'm also having to deal/care for my 93 year mom with worsening dementia. And SWMBO also developed Parkinson's this past year, so she can no longer drive, so I'm having to take time off work to take her to her appts..She's also loosing her vision due to her diabetes, getting monthly injections in her eyes!

Nezzer has done a phenomenal job of resurrecting the FORUM and threads and such, having the site able to handle new member registrations automatically, so my services will probably not be needed much anyways for the near future. You guys have fun with the new site, play nice!

T.C.
              Sorry to hear about your wife and mom TC
              Wayne
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
              Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Hey T.C., So good to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear your mom, and SWMBO are having such serious health concerns. They are now on our prayer list ( hope that's ok). Try to stay positive. Life is always throwing curve balls our way, sometimes 2 or 3 at once! I know the guys miss your advice and friendship on the forum, and I know you really helped me with my carb problems, etc. Hang in there!
                79 F
                Previously owned: (among others)
                1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
                1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                1973 Suzuki TM 125
                1979 XS1100 F
                2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                1991 BMW K75

Comment

T.C.!!! VERY glad to hear from you! We all hope things go well for SWMBO and you mom. As a type 1, I know all about what can happen. Let us know if you need help, as I'm sure people close will be glad to lend a hand.
                  I'm only about 300 miles closer, as I moved North as well as East.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hi TC.Its is good to hear from you....My prayers for you and your wife and your mother as well... You have always been a big part of this forum and your abscence is noticed...As noted the forum is running in top form so you can attend to matters more pressing...Please dont forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, T.C.!

Comment

Prayers for you and yours TC.
                        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                        81 LH
                        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                        Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X