Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 78E for sale in Mid. Tennessee

Hello all.
    Well, I've become a traitor and joined the Hardley-Ableson crowd. Picked up my "like new" 97 Electra Glide Classic 2 weeks ago.
    Now, I am going to have to sell my beloved Eleven. I may want more than some think it's worth, and less than others think, but here's the rundown.
    I don't know what # owner I am. I do have a clear title though. It has 34,448 miles on it. I put new Dunlop tires, front and rear, on it last February and I swear they probably don't have 1000 miles on em. I just stuck a new Auto Zone battery in it last month. Got a K&N air filter in it. New plugs last summer. Got the famous "TKAT Fork Brace" on it (made a world of difference). Has the Windjammer fairing but no lowers, hard saddlebags, no trunk but does have a rack and back rest. The seat is color matched burgundy top-black bottom. I also made an exhaust from a 79 Special work on it so it's quiet. However, the exhaust isn't that pretty.
    It has an intermittent 2-cylinder shutdown at rare times due to the coil wire pickup problem having never been addressed.
    It's been took care of during it's life as it even has most of the tools in the factory tool kit in the "tool-box".
    I'm even going to throw in the spare engine (from the 79) to whomever is the lucky buyer.
    If anyone is seriously interested, I would prefer you email me at crashman@tnets.net. instead of sending a PM.
    I really want this bike to go to someone older maybe, someone who can and will appreciate it and can bring her back to her full former glory.
    Well, I've rambled on for long enough. Thanks to all for all the info on this website.
    I'll be reading it still even though I won't have an 11 anymore, just to remember how much fun they are.
    David
Working...
X