Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80SG for sale in San Antonio, TX

Hey Xsives!

I just moved to San Antonio, Texas and need to sell my 80SG. I'd like to keep it, but my money situation (got married and went back to school) says otherwise. I need a bike with pedals rather than pistons.

I bought my 80SG two years ago without knowing much about it. I was essentially lost when it came to finding and fixing problems. This list saved my butt and my bike by providing the encouragement and information that I needed to get it running.

In a few months time, I was motoring around town without a problem. I just wanted to say thanks for all the great help. I'm offering the bike for $900.00 USD or best offer. If anyone is interested in the bike or just has some questions you can email me at jgrafton@mac.com. There is a picture of it in the Classified section under 'Decent shape'.

Pros:
    1. Rear tire is 1 year old, front tire is 2 years old and have litte wear.
    2. Battery is new.
    3. Engine is solid.
    4. I have not allowed it to sit for long periods of time.
    5. Runs like a scalded dog. (The first time I cranked the throttle it scared the dookie out of me. I wasn't expecting that kind of power out of a 23 year old bike.)

Cons:
    1. Fork oil is leaking and the seals probably need to be replaced. I have new seals that I never installed.
    2. It won't shift into 5th gear. I've never really investigated this problem fully since I rarely ride on the highway.
    3. Gas tank has a leak on the right side (if sitting on the bike) petcock.

Thanks again!
    Johnboy
Working...
X