Midnight Max 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Max 650

While running down a parts bike in the backwoods of North Carolina which turned out to be little more than a pile of parts the guy says his buddy has another 650 that is in better shape if I'd like to look at it. So off we went. There sitting outside not under cover is a 81 Midnight Maxim. Its all there and looks to only have been sitting out a short time. A couple things have been removed but are still attached in one form or another. Both mufflers are holed on the bottoms but no evidence of a lay down that I could see. The guy said it turns over and will fire with starting fluid. I looked at the carbs which appear unmolested. Here's the kicker, the clocks say it only has about 6K miles on it! The owner will take $400 for it and if I had not just bought the last 650 it would be my next project. Thought I'd post this so maybe one of you who is looking for a restorable Midnight could rescue this poor bike. Its a travesty that its sitting like it is but I'm out of space and play money at the moment. If it sits out there 6 months it will be a shame. If your interested shoot me PM and I'll hook you up with the owner
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson
Working...
X