XS1100 Sidecar rig for sale in Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 Sidecar rig for sale in Montana

With sadness I need to consider selling my sidecar rig to cover the cost of injuries from a recent ATV accident. I haven't been active with my road bikes for a few years and I'm hoping an XSive will give it the home it deserves.

This is a "Frankenbike" with parts from 79 special, 80 special, a fuel tank from a standard, and a vetter fairing. Many mods and upgrades including Steerite front end, Progressive Fork Springs, Stainless Steel brake lines and more. The tires (dunlop 491s) are great I'm guessing the engine has ~ 80000 miles and, while it
    's operable, has lost power in the last 20,000 miles. The original speedo was melted by the sun years ago and it's got an ebay replacement..

The sidecar is a Chang Jiang originally imported in limited quantities by Dauntless. The Sidecar wheel is the front wheel from a 79 special modified to fit. I still have the spoked wheel that originally came on the hack. It took me a few years and lots of trial and error to make this machine ride well. I used it to haul my dogs primarily and it's seen a lot of mud, gravel roads, and OHV trails. I've got seat parts for it but I'm not sure if they're much use, the best bet would be to put in a cheapo boat seat from Walmart. The hack shock leaks and should probably be replace with a heavier one.

As to condition, it runs but hasn't been operated much in the last few years and will need some maintenance. (items like the rear brake spooge problem seem to be a yearly concern). The engine is tired but I've got the engine from an '80 SG that runs very well. I was planning on doing a swap before I quit riding it daily. The header pipes (Jardine spaghetti pipes) have been crushed and repaired a few times but I've got a complete header set in great shape. There are boxes and boxes of XS parts that will come with it ranging from carbs to fenders to shocks to wheels and nuts & bolts. Basically a collection from 20 years of XSiveness and the 6 or 8 XS1100s I've gotten from ebay and swap meets.

I'm located in Three Forks, Montana 59752. I'm asking $1800 for the package which is high for the hack in it's current condition but in the ball park when you consider all the extra parts.
    Rob
    rockjok (at) imt.net
Working...
X