79 Std Full bagger in Cleves Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Std Full bagger in Cleves Ohio

I was introduced to a gentleman that owns a 1979 XS1100 Standard with 22024 miles on the clock and needs to sell it. He is 75 years old and had a stroke about 1999 and his wife recently came down with terminal cancer and is in a nursing home. So he can't ride anymore and neither can she. The two of them have been all across the USA to every state east of the Mississippi on it except Deleware and Maine IIRC.

The good news is, it has the removable sampsonite luggage and he has all the keys, It has a Vetter Windjammer fairing as well, he is the original owner, he added a Harley front fender but still has the stock fender sitting on a shelf in the garage. The paint does not look to have a single scratch on it. The Vetter is missing the lighter, and has no radio in it but has speakers and the hookup for the radio.

Bad news, it has not been driven since 2001. The tank has some gas in it, and the petcocks were open to the carbs. So we all know what that means. The brakes are locked up tight as a drum. I had no way to tell if it was in neutral or not as the battery is long past done, but the engine would not turn over using the timing rotor bolt and a 3/8" socket wrench. I pulled all four plugs and only no 4 was tough to remove and has some white on the end ring of the plug. I'm assuming it is the one open to air.

Anyway, the bike is all there 100% obviously needs tires, brakes cleaned if not rebuilt, fuel system cleaned if not rebuilt. Engine is a maybe for being seized, like I said it may just be in gear, and it is on the side stand with very low tires and locke dup brakes so it is not going up on the center stand to easily, and will not move.

The guy is asking $1000 but is certainly negotiable. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you his contact info in PM. Ask any questions you want and I will tell you what I know from my visit to look it over.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750
Working...
X