Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA80
    replied
    Got this one from Bax. Fits fine with the oil cooler plate on there.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Bump...........................

Leave a comment:

• Mathh
    replied
    Hi TC! Thanks for the drawings, just ordered some aluminum to get started ...

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    TopCatGr58 Hey TC, appreciate the offer, I won't turn down the measure drawings. It would definitely help me by not having to drop the filter to get the dimensions I'd need to make up the adapter.

--Bax

Leave a comment:

• TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey Bax, What you say makes sense, I think I remember seeing a plate like this attached to the bottom of an OIL cooler type plate, this would allow it to be much thinner just needed to have clearance for the custom NUT/BOLT/threaded pipe combination that I've seen made for the cooler plates, it doesn't stick out that far from the surface of the cooler plate. BTW, if you're wanting to put a cooler/SOFA type plate on yours, I've got the diagrams, measurements that I used to make both my SOFA and SOFCA and could send them to you if you like.

Hey Mathh, I went ahead found your email addy with my ADMIN access, and sent you a copy of the diagrams/descriptions of measurements and how I machined them, hopefully you can use them, and hopefully your email addy on the site is still accurate/correct. IF you don't receive them, first check your junk folder because it will be coming from Hotmail.com and many email servers set those unsolicited emails a JUNK/SPAM. Next, if you still don't find it, then drop me an email with your current address.

T.C.

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    I have 2 of those. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    Going by TCs posted dimension, an OEM cooler insert in the stack may resolve the clearance issue.
    ---Bax

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by Bax View Post
    BA80 Greg, preemptive apologies if it does not fit as TC suspects.

---Bax
    If there's any way it'll work I'll find it. I have one of TC's on Ol' Okie so there's that. I have something to pattern by.

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    BA80 Greg, preemptive apologies if it does not fit as TC suspects.

---Bax

Leave a comment:

• Bax
    replied
    TopCatGr58 I collected that SOF plate quite a few years ago after my first oil change on the SG = big mess. I'm not sure where I got it, some web site for sure, I would have been sure to get one listed for XS models, if something else was shipped to me it would have gone unknown sitting in the garage parts closet Never attempted to install it as I had an inventory of filter cartridges I was using up (still have one left). Passing it along to BA80 as I will incorporate an oil cooler into the bike with thermostatic bypass and an oil temp sensor to run into the ECU. I just decided to make one up that'll include those features in the same adapter.

---Bax

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Wish you still made them TC. I could really use a couple SOFOCAs.

Leave a comment:

• TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey Bax, where did you get that adapter, and was it specifically made for the XS11, or some other model, ie. Venturer/Vmax?? A closer view of it shows that the recess in the middle around the mounting threaded pipe doesn't look deep enough to fit the XS11. The XS11's threaded knob that sticks down from the engine that the OEM filter bolt screws into sticks out around 0.67" above/below/beyond the OEM filter housing mating surface, that's why the S.O.F.A (Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter) that I made had to be about 1.15" thick to allow enough depth for that protruding threaded stub AND have enough thickness for the central threaded section to have enough threads to provide a strong mounting onto the threaded mounting pipe.

Leave a comment:

• TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey there Mathh, I used to make these years ago, had a machinist help in designing one. The one BAX has looks like a commercially made one, thinner than what I had done, so not sure how well it will fit?. I'm on my laptop right now, I have drawings(Crude) with measurements and such that I can send you via EMAIL so you guys can make your own if you really want to. Send me an email to topcatgr "AT" that hotmail.com server, and then I'll have your addy to reply to. Greg, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier when you asked about getting a couple made for your projects. With SWMBO's oral cancer battle, now undergoing weekly CHEMO, and also having to care for my 93y/o demented mom, just not much time to spare, plus my garage is NOT climate controlled so not fun standing at the little Harbor Freight/Mill/Lathe combo for several hours to crank a few of these out.
    T.C.

PS Mathh, see this tech tip to show you how it looks, however I made some modifications including the O-ring/channel, and machining less material out of it to speed up production, and add strength to the plate area. https://xs11.club/forum/modification...filter-adapter
    IF you select that subforum and then look at the oil cooler adapter, you can see the changes, plus the oil cooler is even thicker due to needing more room for the channels/fittings to/from the cooler radiator of your choice. Being in Holland, I can't see you guys needing the oil cooler version, but you can see how to make either if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Mathh
    replied
    Anyone on here has a drawing with dimensions of this adapter? Some friends of mine here in Holland would love to have one...

Leave a comment:

• BA80
    replied
    Cleared out my trash. Check your messages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X